Ardbeg Whiskey with Cocktail Critters
What’s on the menu?
We are calling upon a spirit from Ardbeg Distillery in Islay, Scotland and using their Wee Beastie to conjure up Scotland’s most famous cryptid.
Chelsea’s Tasting Notes
- Super smokey.
- It’s not a scotch ness monster, it’s a dragon!
- Really hickory-y.
- Got a punch to it which makes me curious to try their other stuff.
- A little too smokey for my tastes.
- Breathes and opens everything.
- Very fragrant.
- Might pair well with a nice charcuterie; some cured meats and creamy cheeses to offset the smoke.
- Need to eat something alongside drinking.
- Can see this growing on me, especially with food.
Erick’s Tasting Notes
- The flavor is one of the reasons I love Ardbeg a lot.
- Like having a BBQ in your mouth without the meat, just the smoke.
- Very smooth though.
- Can drink this all night.
- The more I drink, the less smokey it gets.
- Do not drink this with a cigar because the smokey flavor would through off the cigar. Best to enjoy it by its self.
- Nice juicy steak sounds perfect to pair it with.
Chelsea took a swim in the history, rituals and hilarious marketing of Ardbeg Distillery. After that, she shared her travel bucket list desires for a trip to Islay, Scotland.
Ardbeg Whiskey Advertisement
Wee Beastie Tasting Notes from Ardbeg
Cocktail Critters Affiliate & Giveaway Announcement
It is time to announce the very first Sips & Spirits affiliate! To put it another way, we want to introduce you to the adorableness that is Cocktail Critters!
Initially, this small business featured assorted animals paired with cocktails and liquors as hard enamel pins. During 2020, they introduced stickers and face masks. Once more, they expanded by adding t-shirts, phone cases and a Nessie-shaped whiskey stone over the summer.
Of course that means it’s time to host a giveaway featuring some products that fit well into the theme of this episode.
The Scotch Ness Monster pack includes:
- One (1) Hard Enamel Pin
- One (1) Unisex T-shirt
- One (1) Whiskey Stone
Be sure to enter by follow our Instagram account and comment on our IG giveaway post with an answer to this episode’s “Would You Rather?”.
Giveaway closes November 22nd, 2021 @ 3:00 AM PST
If you don’t want to enter, but are curious to see what else Cocktail Critters has to over, check out the support page for more information and use the coupon code CRITTERS15 to shop.
Would You Rather
Would you rather encounter a docile water-dwelling cryptid or a docile forest-dwelling cryptid?
Erick plunged deep into the amazing lore of giant lake monsters that occupy not just the famous Loch Ness, but bodies of water all over the world. In addition, he chased it with a tale of a young girl’s encounter with Nessie.
Are there any lake monsters we missed? Share your favorite one by leaving an interesting fact about it on our social media.
Close Your Tab
Thanks for joining us around the bar. Don’t forget that the Cocktail Critters giveaway ends soon. More specifically on Monday, November 22nd, 2021 at 3AM PST!
Thanks for sipping by!
Do you love our podcast so far? Be sure to reach out through our social media or drop us a line.
As always, it is always appreciated when you leave a review and share our podcast with others!