This Goatman Cryptid & Cocktail will leave you befuddled over the mix of flavors in your glass and assorted mythos that follow this creature. Our cryptid selection was pulled from The Clash of the Cryptids playing deck and with an original cocktail crafted by us to honor it!
What’s on the menu?
Our cocktail is much like the experiment said to bring about the goatman cryptid, brought together through intense spices from cinnamon syrups and Kraken black spiced rum while smooth and confusing with the magic of Crystal Head Aurora vodka and pomegranate juices.
We are so excited to host Misty Xday, June Xth at XPM PT. Check out everything Misty does on Instagram.
Goatman Cryptid Cocktail
- Drink Inspiration: Maryland’s “Black Eyed Susan”
- Considered one of the most popular cocktails of Maryland, one of main locations of Goatman origins.
- Crystal Head Aurora
- Represents focus of goatman’ head being different from body
- Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- Legends say the first rums were called “Kill Devil” as they were deemed strong enough to kill the devil.
- Cinnamon sour mix
- Lemon & limes bring in a combination of sour levels while cinnamon brings in a different spice flavor to draw out the spices in the rum while tying in the juice.
- Pomegranate juice
- Pomegranates can represent fertility, beauty and eternal life, but also death, blood and power. Used to represent Persephone as food used to force her to stay with Hades. Sometimes eluded to be the forbidden fruit devil tempts Eve to eat.
Goatman Cryptid Facts & Story Notes
Erick took listeners on a tour of the many lores and locations of Goatman’s origins. The discussion concluded with a conversation on the power of suggestion when visiting places with supposedly known energies and hauntings.
What Did You Think?
Whom will be featured in our next cryptid & cocktail episode? Solve Chelsea‘s riddle to figure it out.
Reaching heights close to those of popular Halloween décor,
This towering West Virginia cryptid has some interesting lore.
Described with a face bright red and clothing all green,
Beloved by its town despite only ever once being seen.
Do you live near one of the many locations this cryptid says to roam?
Close Your Tab
Thank you so much for joining us around the bar. We hope you’ll stay tuned for even more spooky sips very soon.
Thanks for sipping by!
Love our podcast so far? Reach out through our social media or drop us a line.
Don’t forget to leave a review and share our podcast with others to let them know we’re indulging in spirits of both the alcoholic and spectral kinds!