Come join us on our trip to Midsummer Scream 2022 where we interviewed fellow members of the Samhain Society and shared our experiences as parents of two young children attending year five of this Halloween Horror convention located in Long Beach, California.
Midsummer Scream 2022 Highlights
We go over our Midsummer Scream experience in full detail in the episode, but to summarize it in a few words; it was a scream! We got to hang out with some amazing people, shop with super cool vendors and get the hype for Halloween season started. We love thinking of Midsummer Scream as the Halloween Season kick-off party; getting to gather in one place where everyone is coming together to celebrate their love and passion for the spookiest time of the year. Final Point? We LOVED meeting Mr. He and have our fingers crossed to snag him next year for a little interview for the podcast!
What’s on the menu?
This cocktail uses candy corn simple syrup and bourbon whiskey to aid in surviving the summer months until Halloween season officially arrives.
- Winchester Bourbon Whiskey to pair off with the candy corn syrup.
- Candy Corn simple syrup for Halloween flavors & color.
- Lime & tangerines bring brightness to flavor while toning down the sweetness from the candy corn.
- Cinnamon stick ties in all flavors on aroma palette.
Haunting with the Samhain Society at Midsummer Scream
We had such a fun time mixing up cocktails, playing “Would you rather” and pulling cryptid cocktails with our friends of the Samhain Society. As a treat, we brought all the ingredients needed to make the All Hallow’s Summer cocktail and invited them to play a round of Would You Rather. Following that, everyone pulled a card from the Clash of the Cryptids deck to help us decide which creatures will be featured in our upcoming episodes.
Please be sure to check out the many amazing members of the Samhain Society! They all have big plans for the upcoming spooky season and we feel that everyone part of this boo crew is worth following.
- Ghoul at Heart
- Lori is bringing you all the creepy recipes your little dark heart could desire. We did not have a chance to properly interview Lori on the concourse since one or both of us was off to something whenever we ran into each other, but we did get to say hi and wanted to be sure to shout her out.
- Spooky Little Halloween
- Blogging 365 days out of the year about Halloween, Miranda is the spooky glue that brings and holds us together. She does a little bit of everything on her blog from party planning to DIYs to recipes to even running a book club and publishing a Halloween magazine for the second year in a row!
What about the next cryptid?
But what is the next cryptid & cocktail episode going to feature? Each of our friends pulled a different cryptid card whose footage we decided to feature when each episode drops. The guess who to our next cryptid episode will release when we resume on August 18th.
Sips & Spirits will return with our regular episodes
on August 18th, 2022!
Keep an eye on our Instagram to keep up to date with further information and announcements!
We didn’t get to catch everyone we wanted to, but we hope you’ll play along with our special Midsummer Scream 2022 “Would You Rather?”.
Would you rather encounter a non-corporal being such as a ghost or a corporal entity like a cryptid?
Close Your Tab
Thank you so much for joining us around the bar. We hope you’ll stay tuned for even more spooky sips very soon.
Thanks for sipping by!
Love our podcast so far? Reach out through our social media or drop us a line.
Don’t forget to leave a review and share our podcast with others to let them know we’re indulging in spirits of both the alcoholic and spectral kinds!