Our Mothman cocktail lures you like a moth to the flame using cherry-infused vodka, apple simple syrup and a hint of herbal freshness thanks to some Génépy liqueur. This cocktail will make you immune to the possible danger this cryptid is warning you of. Discover more about this cocktail on our podcast in Episode 30 (Mothman cryptid & cocktail).
Mothman Cocktail Recipe
We created this cocktail for our Cocktails & Cryptids series. It debuted in episode 30 on December 22nd, 2022. Find the ingredients and instructions required with our printable recipe card.
- 1 Jigger
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Collins or highball cocktail glass
- 1 Cocktail pick
- 1½ oz black cherry infused vodka use 80-100 proof vodka for infusion
- 1 oz apple simple syrup
- ½ oz lemon juice ~½ lemon
- ½ oz Génépy Liqueur
- 2 bada bing cherries for garnish – frozen or fresh cherries can also be used
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, vodka, syrup, lemon juice & Génépy liqueur.
- Shake vigorously
- Strain mixture from cocktail shaker into cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Add two cherries on cocktail pick for garnish
Infusing Vodka:Infuse 80-100 proof vodka by slicing about ½ cup of dark cherries (we used frozen) into halves then adding into a mason jar or sealable container. Add vodka to cover cherries and let sit for 3-5 day. Store away from direct sunlight and heat. Shake one to two times a day.
For Apple Simple Syrup:
- Heat small pot on medium high heat
- Add equal parts water and sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add ½ apple sliced to sugar water and let simmer for 7-10 minutes; stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat when apples start to get translucent & let cool. Store up to 2 weeks in fridge.
Need more visual instructions? We have created a video for you to mix along.
The Sips & Spirits Cocktail Promise
We have certain goals in mind as you discover what Sips & Spirits does on the podcast. It is extremely important when we design cocktails that they are not just friendly to the beginner mixologist, but also affordable. The majority of the ingredients listed can be substituted. Suggestions are noted whenever possible.
When we design an original cocktail, we will also provide a mocktail. We understand not everyone can or wants to indulge in alcohol. We chose to offer an alternative when possible. This allows you to be a part of the fun, regardless of your sobriety reasons.