Our Shadow People cocktail wakes you from your sleep with the alluring smells of hot coffee and smokey Sombra Joven Mezcal paired with the cozy flavors of cherry and chocolate in our boozy brownies. This cocktail will lull you to sleep in the best o ways. Discover more about this cocktail on our podcast in Episode 34 (Shadow People cryptid & cocktail).
Shadow People Cocktail Recipe
We created this cocktail for our Cocktails & Cryptids series. It debuted in episode 34 on March 16th, 2023. Find the ingredients and instructions required with our printable recipe card.
Click on either image for a printable PDF complete with cocktail recipe and additional notes
Need more visual instructions? We have created a video for you to mix along.
The Sips & Spirits Cocktail Promise
We have certain goals in mind as you discover what Sips & Spirits does on the podcast. It is extremely important when we design cocktails that they are not just friendly to the beginner mixologist, but also affordable. The majority of the ingredients listed can be substituted. Suggestions are noted whenever possible.
When we design an original cocktail, we will also provide a mocktail. We understand not everyone can or wants to indulge in alcohol. We chose to offer an alternative when possible. This allows you to be a part of the fun, regardless of your sobriety reasons.
Shadow People Mocktail & Treat (Non-Alcoholic)
- Heat-tempered cocktail glass or coffee mug
- Mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- 1 oz Liquid Smoke
- 6-12 oz Coffee
- 1 box brownie mix & ingredients
- 1-2 cups cherries frozen or fresh
- 1 pinch sugar
- Cut cherries into halves then place on cooking sheet
- Sprinkle with sugar then roast at 400℉ for 10 minutes
- Mix brownie batter then stir in roasted cherries and ½ oz of liquid smoke to mix
- Bake brownies and let cool
- In tempered cocktail glass or mug, add ½ oz liquid smoke then top with coffee
- Serve cocktail hot with brownie slice on side