Your encounter with our Squonk cocktail is bound to impress. With the transformative powers of Empress 1908 gin, this drink melts in your glass and your mouth. Discover more about this cocktail on our podcast in Episode 20 (Squonk cryptid & cocktail).
Squonk Cocktail Recipe
We created this cocktail for our Cocktails & Cryptids series. It debuted in episode 20 on June 9th, 2022. Find the ingredients and instructions required with our printable recipe card.
- 1 Jigger
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Cocktail glass
- 1 Ice ball mold
- 1 Food syringe
- 1 Juicer
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 whole Lime ~¾ oz lime juice
- Create hollow ice ball ahead of time(We used this tutorial)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Add gin, simple syrup and one sprig each of rosemary and thyme
- Add lime juice into cocktail glass
- Using food syringe, move mix from cocktail shaker to inside hollow ice ball
- Place remaining herb sprigs into hole of ice ball
- Place ice ball into cocktail glass
- Let ice ball melt or crack open GENTLY with end of muddler or food hammer
Need more visual instructions? We have created a video for you to mix along.
The Sips & Spirits Cocktail Promise
We have certain goals in mind as you discover what Sips & Spirits does on the podcast. It is extremely important when we design cocktails that they are not just friendly to the beginner mixologist, but also affordable. The majority of the ingredients listed can be substituted. Suggestions are noted whenever possible.
When we design an original cocktail, we will also provide a mocktail. We understand not everyone can or wants to indulge in alcohol. We chose to offer an alternative when possible. This allows you to be a part of the fun, regardless of your sobriety reasons.