Become the ghost lost in the fog with this McQueen & the Violet Fog Gin cocktail. The botanical melody of Sovereign Brand’s delightful Brazilian gin married with lavender, lemon and basil rise like the mists in this spooky playful cocktail. Discover more about this cocktail on our podcast in Episode 19 (McQueen & the Violet Fog).
Ghost in the Fog Cocktail Recipe
We created this original cocktail as a thank you to McQueen and the Violet Fog and Sovereign Brands for sending us their delightful gin. It debuted in episode 19 on May 26th, 2022. Find the ingredients and instructions required with our printable recipe card.
Click on either image for a printable PDF complete with cocktail recipe and additional notes
Need more visual instructions? We have created a video for you to mix along.
The Sips & Spirits Cocktail Promise
We have certain goals in mind as you discover what Sips & Spirits does on the podcast. It is extremely important when we design cocktails that they are not just friendly to the beginner mixologist, but also affordable. The majority of the ingredients listed can be substituted. Suggestions are noted whenever possible.
When we design an original cocktail, we will also provide a mocktail. We understand not everyone can or wants to indulge in alcohol. We chose to offer an alternative when possible. This allows you to be a part of the fun, regardless of your sobriety reasons.
Ghost in the Fog Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- 1 Jigger
- 1 Lowball cocktail glass
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Loose Leaf Tea Strainer for dry ice
- 1 Pair Heat/Cold Resistant Gloves for handling dry ice
- 2 ½ oz Elderflower sparkling lemonade
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- ½ oz Lavender simple syrup
- 1 sprig Basil
- 1 chunk Dry ice for garnish
- Slap sprig of basil over palm then place in glass
- Add lemonade, lemon juice, and lavender syrup to glass
- Add dry ice to tea strainer then place in glass.DO NOT TOUCH dry ice with bare hands. Use heat resistant gloves for this step.